Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Home Blog Page 3

Kiefer Sutherland Mans Up, Says Must Cancel Music Tour Due to Low Ticket Sales: He’s Not Alone This Year, Joins Meghan Trainor, Zayn Malik, More

Give Kiefer Sutherland credit. He’s at least admitting to his concert having low ticket sales.

So the acclaimed actor Kiefer, who has a popular band, says the tour is canceled.

He’s not alone. Meghan Trainor, Zayn Malik, and many others have thrown in the towel for this season.

The landscape is not promising at all. Even the Rolling Stones have seen it might be better to wait til next year.

The problem? Inflation. No one has money for gas or partying in general. Despite Donald Trump’s claims of a booming economy, it’s not there.

Some tours are doing well. Bruce Springsteen is a hit. Harry Styles’ MSG residency has supposedly sold out. But those are rare.

Sorry, Kiefer. Come back when the coast is clear!

Harvey Weinstein Has Third Mistrial on Rape Charges in New York: Jury Deadlocked 9 – 3 This Time as Movie Mogul Faces 4th Attempt by DA

0

Well, three strikes and you’re out. Of jail.

Not really. But for a third time the New York Attorney General has been unable to convict Harvey Weinstein of rape.

The latest trial saw a jury deadlocked 9 to 3, to acquit.

A lot of people — the many women who had perilous encounters with Weinstein — will be grievously disappointed. But this has gone on for 9 years. In New York, at least, the end may be here.

In a statement, DA Alvin Bragg’s office wrote even though they have nothing to ‘brag’ about:

“While we are disappointed that the proceedings ended with a mistrial, we deeply respect the jury system and sincerely thank all of the jurors for their time and dedication. For nearly a decade, Jessica Mann has fought for justice. Over the course of many weeks during three separate trials, she relived unthinkably painful experiences in front of complete strangers. Her perseverance and bravery are inspiring to the members of my office, and more importantly, to survivors everywhere. We will consider our next steps in consultation with Ms. Mann, and in consideration of Harvey Weinstein’s pending sentencing following last year’s trial conviction for forcibly sexually assaulting Miriam Haley. As always, we will continue to prosecute crimes of sexual violence – no matter who the defendant is – in a survivor-centered manner that uplifts their voices in the pursuit of justice.”

The defense team countered:

“The defense team of Marc Agnifilo, Teny Geragos, and Jacob Kaplan put on a powerful case. After hearing the evidence multiple times and seeing two juries unable to reach unanimity, it’s clear there is significant reasonable doubt here. What this also shows is how deeply public perception and prejudice surrounding Harvey Weinstein have become embedded in society. For some people, regardless of the evidence presented, saying “not guilty” has become emotionally or socially impossible. The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office should stop retrying the same case and focus its time and resources on the actual violent crime, chaos, and public safety issues impacting New Yorkers every day.”

Harry Styles Launches $39 Earplugs So No One Has to Hear His Music: Sorry. The Jokes Just Write Themselves. “Listen No More”

Yeah. You wait for this stuff to happen then it’s comedy gold.

Harry Styles has launched a pair of earplugs he’s selling for $39.

They aren’t ear pods. They’re for blocking out loud music.

I mean, do I have to say it? It’s a sign of the times, to quote Harry.

This way, we don’t have to listen to his music.

They’re called Loops, and they look like earrings. They’re made by a company called Pleasing.

I will find them very pleasing.

Sorry, the jokes just write themselves.

Oy vey.

Pleasing says it’s also made these things for professional racing, which makes sense. If they did a Trump brand, that would be welcomed. But why oh why for a musician?

Harry’s next single will be called “Listen No More.”

Just kidding, Harry! We always hear you!

Stephen Colbert Final Guests Include Steven Spielberg, Bruce Springsteen, Jon Stewart, David Byrne — Could Paul and Ringo Join Them?

0

After last night’s appearance by David Letterman, how else could Stephen Colbert wrap up his six years on CBS?

Some of his final guests next week include Steven Spielberg, Bruce Springsteen, Jon Stewart, and David Byrne (with whom Colbert will perform, maybe “Once in a Lifetime”).

The last show, next Thursday, doesn’t list guests, but it’s sure to be a doozy. Both Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel are going to play reruns that night, ensuring Colbert of huge ratings.

My wild guess is that the final show would include Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr in a Beatles reunion for the Ed Sullivan Theater. Crazy, right? But they each have new albums out. Paul is on “SNL” this weekend, so that will be over.

Tonight’s episode is a replay of earlier this with Kimmel, Fallon, John Oliver, and Seth Meyers paying tribute.

Also Check out Colbert’s online series, “The Colbert Questionert Extraordinert,” exclusively on YouTube. The final “Questionert Extraordinert” features Sir Ian McKellen.

We’re all angry and disappointed that Colbert’s show is canceled by the new CBS management. But it’s likely he’ll turn up somewhere else soon, although HBO doesn’t seem like a possibility since CBS/Skydance now owns them. But streaming services should be clamoring for him.

The new question is, What happens to the Ed Sullivan Theater? Will CBS sell it to a Broadway group? It’s actually not big enough for a regular production. Or will it become a Sephora, like everything else?

Drake’s Baked: Three Album Dump By Rapper May Free Him from Universal Music Group After Lawsuit Over Kendrick Lamar Feud

Drake may be outta here at Universal Music Group.

The Canadian rapper released not one but three albums overnight. He could be fulfilling his $400 million contract with the music company he’s been suing.

Yes, suing. Drake (Aubrey Graham) has been involved in a legal war with Universal because of his feud with labelmate Kendrick Lamar.

After a long, convoluted back and forth of diss tracks, Lamar’s best selling, award winning song, “Not Like Us,” went after Drake for dating very young women. Drake sued the label for promoting Lamar’s record over his own. A federal judge dismissed Drake’s defamation suit in late 2025, ruling Lamar’s “Not Like Us” lyrics were protected opinion, the rapper filed an appeal shortly after, keeping the litigation active.

So now now we have three albums, and they are numbers 1, 2, and 3 on iTunes — “Iceman,” “Maid of Honour,” and “Habibti.” They are full of disses against everyone involved, including Lamar and UMG chief Lucian Grainge.

Ten of the Drake tracks have already landed in the iTunes top 100, as well. It won’t be long before they hit all the streaming charts, as well.

So is that it for Drake and Universal? More than likely. The entrepreneurial rapper will probably head off to the indie world, establishing his own label. He already has his OVO Records, created in 2009, which can support him easily.

David Letterman Visits Stephen Colbert for Last Appearance on “Late Show,” Throws Furniture off Roof, Bids CBS “Good night and Good Luck, Mfers”

0

David Letterman visited Stephen Colbert tonight on “The Late Show.”

It was his farewell appearance on the show which he originally hosted.

Colbert’s run is being ended by CBS next Thursday in an act of censorship. The network wants him off the air.

Tonight’s appearance (below) involved Letterman helping Colbert throw studio furniture off the roof of the Ed Sullivan Theater. Letterman in his day was famous for tossing watermelons out the window at NBC.

But it’s Dave’s final words to CBS that will go down in history. “In the words of the great Ed Murrow,” he said, “Good night and good luck, motherf*ckers.” The last word was bleeped but was quite obvious.

Colbert’s end is pretty much the end of CBS, I fear. Unless somehow CBS is sold again, the owner, David Ellison’s Skydance, is burning it down every day.

View on Threads

New Hot Singer Malcolm Todd’s Main Ingredient in Top 5 Song, “Earrings,” Sounds a Lot Like Old R&B Hit Sampled by Alicia Keys

0

It’s hard to say who will be knocking on Malcolm Todd’s door first.

Could it be Alicia Keys? Or the heirs of songwriter JR Bailey?

Todd’s surprise hit, “Earrings,” has taken off on Spotify and iTunes.

The only problem is it sounds a lot like Alicia’s old hit, “You Don’t Know My Name.”

But wait — there’s a twist. Keys sampled the central theme of her song from the Main Ingredient’s “Let Me Prove My Love to You” from 1975. The song was written by Bailey with Ken Williams of the Main Ingredient (who also wrote “Everybody Plays the Fool”) and Mel Kent, according to the BMI database.

Keys’s record was produced by Kanye West, the king of samples. In the end, “You Don’t Know My Name” lists Bailey as a songwriter.

So this is a sample of a sample? May be. Or may be just a lift from Bailey. A founding member of The Cadillacs, a famous doo-wop group, Bailey wrote a lot of hits from the mid 50s to mid 60s. He had a solo career of his own, as well.

Did Malcolm Todd do this intentionally? Who knows? The Bailey part of the Keys song is incredibly catchy. It may have just been in his head. It was certainly in Kanye’s all those years ago.

Rolling Stones Drop New Video for “In the Stars” Single Ahead of Album Release, Uses AI To Insert Younger Selves Into New Performance

0

Everything old is young again.

In the video for their great new single, “In the Stars,” the Rolling Stones are suddenly their young selves performing the new song.

It’s AI, of course, because what isn’t? But this is kind of an inventive use of the horrible technology. At least we know the music is new, made by people in their 80s.

The video features recent Oscar nominee Odessa A’zion from “Marty Supreme.”

Ironic isn’t it? We’re excited about new music from the Stones and Paul McCartney because frankly music that’s being made now is so disappointing. Who else rocks like this from the contemporary generation? No one. (Video below)

READ ALL OF TODAY’S HEADLINES CLICK HERE

Michael Jackson’s Nephew Says His Father and Jackson Brothers Were Told They Were “Worthless” Without Star

0

Taj Jackson is one of three sons of the late Tito Jackson, one of Michael’s older brothers.

On social media this morning, Taj answered a fan’s question bluntly about how the other brothers grew up with Michael as the star of family.

“imagine since you were a teenager being told by everyone you were worthless without your younger brother and you should thank him for everything you have,” Taj wrote.

It’s a jarring answer but for once the truth has been told. Tito — an accomplished a guitarist — Marlon, Jackie, and Jermaine were the original members of the jackson 5 along with Michael.

Almost instantly, Michael, the youngest, became the focus of the group. Even though the others played instruments and sang, they were ignored. Michael’s parallel solo career began in 1971 when he was just 13 years old. Despite Jermaine getting a singing part on the group’s hit “I’ll Be There,” he and the others were relegated to status of second class citizen.

Years later, Taj and his brothers formed the group 3T, which Michael encouraged. But Michael was cruel to his brothers when it came to their careers. He actively stopped Jermaine from having a Renaissance in the early 80s.

The real story of the Jackson 5 isn’t told in the “Michael” movie. In fact, none of the brothers has a speaking part or any kind of character development. They are just props. Now Taj, whose brother Tito was appointed co-guardian of Michael’s kids after the King of Pop’s death in 2009, is finally admitting the truth. It’s not pretty.

The sad part was that while the rest of the Jacksons — with the exception of Janet — failed to find careers outside the family, Tito was a working musician. But he died suddenly of a heart attack almost two years ago at age 70. His son is clearly resentful that Tito’s life was cut short. It obviously wasn’t easy to live in the shadow of Michael Jackson.

Sketchy Global Citizen Contributions Dropped by a Stunning 25% in 2024 as Public Has Caught On to Their Antics

EXCLUSIVE I just reported that Global Citizen, the sketchy humanitarian group, is putting together the half time show for the FIFA World Cup finale.

We don’t know how much they’re being paid, but a look at their latest tax filing — for 2024 — indicates they need the money.

After a run for years of taking in millions in funds for God knows what, Global Citizen finally hit a snag in 2024.

Contributions were down a stunning 25% from 2023. They fell from $56 million to $42 million.

Maybe sponsors and individuals are finally catching on: no one knows what this group does besides produce rock concerts.

According to the tax filing they’ve still got about a dozen top employees making high six figure salaries. The top earner remains CEO Hugh Evans, who was up to $612,000 in 2024. It’s likely a good deal more now.

Even though contributions were way down in 2024, salaries went up. Naturally.

Global Citizen doesn’t give much money away to needy causes. Despite raking in even that $42 million, they only disbursed $2.9 million in 2024. Salaries were a little more than $14 million.

FIFA doesn’t care. They’ve had their own scandals over the years. And fans don’t seem to care what any of this costs.

As for the musicians playing at the World Cup show, Chris Martin and Coldplay, and Shakira, have worked for Global Citizen in the past.

But Madonna, she’s another story. Even she’s not being paid directly, if she expects a big donation to either her Ray of Light Foundation or Raising Malawi, she better get it upfront and in cash!