Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Network News Expert: “Unlikely” Fox News Anchors Will Leave with Ailes, “Too Much Money” at Stake

Share

It’s “unlikely” that any of the star anchors of Fox News will be exiting with Roger Ailes when he leaves tonight or tomorrow.

“There’s too much money involved,” says a network news expert insider. “Bill O’Reilly, Sean Hannity, Greta van Susteren– even if they have key man clauses they’re not going anywhere to start a new network with Roger Ailes.”{

Ailes, my source says, has no non-compete clause so he can go anywhere. But remember– Ailes foundered at CNBC before Rupert Murdoch came along with deep pockets. And the Fox anchors are paid handsomely. “They’re not just going to leave without a plan,” the expert says.

Think of O’Reilly in particular with complicated custody and divorce agreements. Also, there’s a loofah hanging over his head. Don’t think Fox wouldn’t leak the story of his sexual harassment lawsuit if he tried to follow Ailes out the door.

My expert says, bluntly, “This is the work of Lachlan Murdoch. He’s been waiting for this.” Lachlan was literally driven out of town — back to Australia– by Ailes years ago. And Megyn Kelly’s perfidy? “She didn’t feel supported by Ailes during the Trump fighting this year.”

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News