Friday, May 22, 2026

Producer: James Bond 23 Will Be 50th Anniversay of 007 Franchise

Share

“James Bond 23” will be released in November 2012, to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the James Bond movies.

So says Barbara Broccoli, exclusively. She was having lunch with us at a gathering for “The Social Network” this afternoon at the Four Seasons restaurant. Almost simultaneously the announcement was going out about Bond 23, directed by Sam Mendes.

Deadline Yesterday (as I call it) never had an exclusive on this. A few weeks ago their London correspondent, Tim Adler, lifted a story by Baz Bamigboye out of the Daily Mail and pretended it was his. Indeed, Bamigboye had interviewed Kate Winslet, ex wife of Mendes. She told Baz that she’d be moving her kids to London for the Bond 23 shoot. That was the first time anyone knew that Bond 23 was on. I don’t know why Deadline’s money man, Jay Penske, doesn’t get this.

Anyway. at lunch Broccoli told me that there had to be a Bond movie in 2012 because the major anniversary. Barbara’s father, Cubby Broccoli, was a genius when it came to marketing these films. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Now there will be speculation where Rachel Weisz, who is infamously having an affair with Daniel Craig, will sign  on. That would be a coup.

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News