Tuesday, May 19, 2026

“Music Man” Star Hugh Jackman Says Scott Rudin Has Stepped Away But There’s Trouble in River City with a Capital T

Share

“Music Man” star Hugh Jackman is not leaving the show, don’t worry. He’ll still be starring in the musical revival this winter even with the scandal surrounding producer Scott Rudin.

Jackman sent out a statement, all in CAPS, although I’m not sure that means he’s screaming. The statement below says basically Rudin is stepping back and they’re all moving on.

“I hope and pray this is a journey of healing for all the victims,” says Jackman, “and the community.”

It’s a tepid response, I think. I’m frankly a little surprised by it. There’s still trouble with a capital T in River City.

Here’s the statement:

“I WANT TO SAY HOW MUCH I RESPECT AND APPLAUD THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE SPOKEN UP ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH SCOTT RUDIN. IT TAKES AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF COURAGE AND STRENGTH TO STAND UP AND STATE YOUR TRUTH. THIS HAS STARTED A CONVERSATION THAT IS LONG OVERDUE, NOT JUST ON BROADWAY, AND THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY, BUT ACROSS ALL WORKFORCE. THE MOST IMPORTANT VOICE WE NEEDED TO HEAR FROM WAS SCOTT RUDIN, HE HAS NOW SPOKEN UP AND STEPPED AWAY FROM THE MUSIC MAN . I HOPE AND PRAY THIS IS A JOURNEY OF HEALING FOR ALL THE VICTIMS AND THE COMMUNITY. WE ARE CURRENTLY REBUILDING THE MUSIC MAN TEAM AND ARE ASPIRING TO CREATE AN ENVIRONMENT THAT IS NOT ONLY SAFE, BUT ENSURES THAT EVERYONE IS SEEN, HEARD AND VALUED. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT IS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN VERY IMPORTANT TO ME.”

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News