Wednesday, May 20, 2026

Brangelina Wedding Photos: What Happened to the $5 Million Earmarked for Charity?

Share

Flashback to September 1st, 2014: Exclusive photos of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s wedding appeared in People and Hello! magazines. The two mags reportedly split a $5 million fee for the rights, and the money was supposed to go to charity.

Two years later, Jolie and Pitt have split. According to the 2014 filing for their Jolie Pitt Foundation, the money from the wedding photos is listed. Very clearly. “Wedding photos– Ending Book Value, $20,000; Fair Market Value $50,000.” That’s the only mention of them. So what happened to the $5 million?

There is no other mention of it in the charity’s 2014 filing, nor is their any notation of it in Pitt’s Make It Right Foundation.

Back on September 2, 2014, I interviewed the photographer, who said he had done the job for free.

The 2014 does list income– under Royalties– at $3,961,140 million. If that money comes from the wedding photos, it’s more than a million bucks less than previously rhough.

But Contributors to the Foundation are listed as Briarcliff Trust (Pitt’s trust’s name)- $387,500; Brad Pitt–$38,000; Angelina Jolie Family Trust $575,500; Australian Center for AG Research–$63,407; the UK’s National Health Service– $8,293.

In 2013, Jolie’s lawyer, Robert Offer, contributed $5,000 to the charity.

It’s not like the Jolie-Pitt Foundation isn’t generous. They distributed $1.4 million to charities in 2014, mostly in Namibia. The couple– not the Foundation– doesn’t stint on itself, however. They’re said to be worth over $400 million.

Jolie-Pitt Foundation is unfortunately not that transparent. A call to Foundation Source, which administers the foundation, proved to be a dead end. They refused to give the number of anyone associated with Jolie Pitt. The foundation seems to be run by Jolie’s business manager in Hollywood. We’ll see if anyone responds.

 

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News