Saturday, August 22, 2026

Oscar Winner Jessica Chastain is Coming Back to Broadway in a New Production of “A Doll’s House”

Share

★ Make Showbiz411 your Preferred Source on Google

Jessica Chastain doesn’t take a minute off from interesting work. This year’s Oscar winner for Best Actress is returning to Broadway this spring in a new production of “A Doll’s House.” She was last here in 2012-13’s “The Heiress.”

The new production of the Henrik Ibsen classic is from director Jamie Lloyd and directed by Amy Herzog.

Jessica says:

Jessica Chastain says in a release, “When I sat down with the brilliant Jamie Lloyd five years ago to discuss a possible collaboration, I was over the moon when we decided on A Doll’s House. We were set to start rehearsals in London in April 2020, but little did we know what the world (and a pandemic) had in store for us. 

“While home in New York, walking around the empty theater district made my heart hurt. New York has been my home for over 20 years and it’s immensely important to me to take care of this city and support my artist neighbors.

“So, I couldn’t be happier to play Nora in A Doll’s House on Broadway! I’m very excited to work with Jamie and the incredible Amy Herzog in this city that formed me. I hope in the future to work in the West End but for now I can’t wait to be together with all of the wonderful people of New York and my artistic community on Broadway.”

Chastain has her work cut out for her. Janet McTeer’s turn as Nora in 1997 remains a towering moment in theater. And the last time we saw Nora was in “A Doll’s House Part 2,” the faux sequel starring Laurie Metcalf. Each of those actresses won Tony Awards. I’ve no doubt Jessica can do the same!

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedman
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009, where he covered Michael Jackson, and previously wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine in the mid-1990s, where he covered the O.J. Simpson trial. He also edited Fame magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News