Sunday, May 24, 2026

No Sex Please, We’re British: “Bridgerton” Season 2 Said to Be Almost Sex Scene Free After Season 1 Debauchery

Share

“Bridgerton” fans were gaga over all the sex scenes in Season 1.

The debauchery and romping, which included an orgy and gay sex, made Regé-Jean Page the “it’ guy of 2020. He got the fans through the pandemic. They were swooning at every episode.

But then came news that Page wouldn’t be in season 2, as the books this Netfix series is based on turn to Anthony Bridgerton’s search for a wife.

Anthony is played by Jonathan Bailey. I’m told that in the first episode of Season 2, Anthony is scene from behind fully as he very briefly beds whores and pays them for their services. But sources say that after that season, “Bridgerton” Season 2 is largely sexless. There’s a lot of talking and galloping. But no shenanigans, certainly nothing like Season 1.

What happened? If reports are true, and I think they are, “Bridgerton” is now more of period piece that bears no resemblance to the period it’s covering. The costumes and sets are still top notch, but the story doesn’t have the pizzazz it once did.

Strange, no? In Season 1 Anthony was humping everything in town. But in Season 2, I guess he’s given up. Maybe Simon Bassett needs to return for a cameo!

Here’s a look back:

 

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News