Friday, May 22, 2026

Legendary Singer Frankie Valli Says Still Recovering from Pneumonia, Putting Off Return to Live Shows

Share

Frankie Valli, god bless him, wants to get back out on tour. He’s 87! But Valli, the beloved leader of the Four Seasons, has been battling pneumonia and its after effects since October. At first he was tested for COVID, negative. Then it was thought he had the flu. Also negative. It turned out to be pneumonia.

Now Frankie says in an Instagram post he’s not 100 percent, and won’t tour in January as he promised.

Frankie, please take care of yourself. You owe us nothing. The world loves you! We will all stay home and listen to your records, watch the “Jersey Boys” with Nick Jonas whenever that arrives, and so on.

Frankie always Walks Like a Man!

PS Frankie should be very happy that Maneskin, the Italian rock band, has a new version of the Four Season’s “Beggin'” at the top of the charts. Everyone wants to hear the original now! (see below)

Valli writes on Instagram:

 

“Hello Everyone! I’m just writing to let you know I’m recovering nicely, but unfortunately the doctors want me to take another month off before I begin performing. So we are postponing our shows in January. I’m so looking forward to getting back on stage, but I can’t do that until I’m 100%.

“I want everybody who bought tickets to know that I’m sorry we won’t be able to do the shows right now…rest assured I can’t wait to get back on stage. I’m looking forward to seeing all of you at a concert this year- Happy Holidays and a great New Year!”

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News