Wednesday, May 20, 2026

Pauley Perrette Corrects Michael Weatherly: She Will Not Be Back on Any “NCIS”

Share

Pauley Perrette will not be returning to “NCIS.”

Michael Weatherly told People.com’s broadband interviewer: “I know that Pauley Perrette will be back in some capacity.” Weatherly’s quote is not floating around as a story from Meredith.com, the publishing company that owns People (it used to be called Time Life).

I contacted Pauley when I saw this headline. She left at the end of last season after 15 years, and it wasn’t happy. So I was surprised by Weatherly’s comment. So was she. Perrette sent me a succinct message: “I’m not going back.”

No, she’s not. It’s unclear what Weatherly was thinking about when he said it, maybe he was just being hopeful. Perrette deserves her own show somewhere, at this point. She left “NCIS” on her own terms because, whether it was a pet or a person, something was making her unhappy.

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News