Thursday, May 21, 2026

NBC Doubles Down on Megyn Kelly Mess, Will Bring Her Back for A Hot August Night

Share

NBC will not get rid of Megyn Kelly. Her 9am show is unwatchable, it’s draining the ratings of Hoda and Kathie Lee at 10am. Andy Lack doesn’t care.

So now what? Lack is bringing Kelly to prime time next month. I swear, he’s doing it just so I can write how bad the ratings were the next day. Why else? When they did this last year, no one watched. No one will watch again. An NBC press release says she will turn up periodically in prime time. I can’t wait.

Kelly is like screeching chalk on a blackboard. She’s an unrepentant conservative who leers at survivors of rape or incest or bad breeding and says she really relates to them. Then she says something crazy supporting Trump.

So thanks, Andy Lack, and thanks from all the other entertainment writers. You’ve given me ammunition for ratings stories. I needed them.

 

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News