Friday, May 22, 2026

“Roseanne” Main Cast: John Goodman Pleads Ignorance About Scandal, Laurie Metcalf Disappears

Share

UPDATE

The only member of the “Roseanne” cast who’s not said a word about her racist tweets– and the demise of the show– is Laurie Metcalf. The Emmy and Tony winning Oscar nominated actress is on Broadway right now in “Three Tall Women.” She’s nominated for another Tony and it’s hers to lose, so silence is the best course of action. Metcalf was pretty much wasted in the “Roseanne” reboot. Who knows what she thought going in? But they treated her badly.

John Goodman didn’t say anything voluntarily. He was video’d at a New Orleans gas station. (It could have been staged, but that seems like a lot of work.) The video was sold to “ET.” Goodman says he knows nothing, stays off social media, and hasn’t heard from anyone. That’s diplomatic. He’s no doubt spoken to Roseanne  Barr as they’ve maintained a friendship over the years. They almost made another series a couple of years ago, but it wasn’t sold.

Goodman should get a SAG Lifetime Achievement Award this winter. He’s a great choice–so many different movie roles, TV, theater. He’s a great great actor. Just look at this performance:

 

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News