Saturday, May 23, 2026

Fake News: Oscar Accountant Held Grudge Against La La Land: She Was Stuck in Traffic on Highway During Filming of Opening Scene

Share

BREAKING FAKE NEWS: Sources say that Martha Ruiz, one of the PriceWaterhouseCoopers accountants who screwed up the Oscars– had it in for “La La Land.”

I’m told that Ruiz was stuck on the highway that Damien Chazelle used to film the opening sequence of the movie– for hours. “Martha was on that highway when people started jumping out of their cars and dancing on the hoods,” my source says. “She was furious. She had no idea. She was going to see Brian Cullinan”– the other Oscar accountant–“to discuss how screw up the 2016 Grammy awards. It was a Saturday and she didn’t see the road closure sign.”

Ruiz was made to dance repeatedly to the “La La Land” opening song and wasn’t allowed to leave the highway for hours. “She vowed revenge against the movie,” I’m told.

By coincidence, Cullinan may have also had a grudge against the winner “Moonlight.” Sources at rival Ernst & Young are claiming that Cullinan had auditioned for the part that went to Oscar winner Mahershala Ali in the movie. “But he couldn’t swim,” says a source, “and they were afraid to let him do those scenes. He offered to do them in a bathtub, but the Barry Jenkins was against it.”

Cullinan had to settle for seeking his own revenge against the movie. “He had no idea ‘Moonlight” would be nominated let alone be in contention against La La Land. Brian was plotting to make Sully the winner. But it wasn’t even nominated.”

Both Cullinan and Ruiz have been held by authorities all week since the Oscars in an undisclosed location below Academy headquarters. There’s been talk of deportation, or sending both of them to pick up all of the unwatched DVDs of “Toni Erdmann.”

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News