Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Oprah Changes Mind, Will Air Soaps “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” on OWN

Share

Oprah Winfrey said she didn’t want the ABC soaps when they were cancelled. But now her OWN network will air both “All My CHildren” and “One Life to Live” for 10 weeks beginning July 15th. It’s great news for soap fans but almost comical considering how many press releases Prospect Park, which licensed the soaps for online viewing, produce in a single day. Only earlier today Prospect Park, which had changed their schedule, sent out a new missive about online viewing that made no sense. Now they’re going to air the first 4o episodes of each show on a daily basis, at 1pm and 3pm respectively. I think. Meanwhile. om Hulu and iTunes they’re going to release two new episodes of each show on Mondays. Or something. Won’t the cable versions eat into the online viewing? It would seem like it. But the soap belong on TV so it’s a good thing. Whatever it is.
See Oprah’s video where she said she didn’t want the soaps:

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News