Thursday, May 21, 2026

Jeff Bezos Says Reports of $600 Mil Wedding Are False, Bad News for Kevin Costner

Share

Amazon billionaire says reports of his $600 million wedding on December 29th are false.

He writes on Twitter X:

“Furthermore, this whole thing is completely false — none of this is happening. The old adage “don’t believe everything you read” is even more true today than it ever has been. Now lies can get ALL the way around the world before the truth can get its pants on. So be careful out there folks and don’t be gullible.

Will be interesting to see if all the outlets that “covered” and re-reported on this issue a correction when it comes and goes and doesn’t happen.”

The blockbuster nuptials were reported by the UK Daily Mail, which is often, er, unreliable.

The Mail says the word in Aspen is that the wedding would take place at Kevin Costner’s Aspen ranch. That would have been good news for Costner, who’s lost $100 million on his “Horizon” movies. If the wedding isn’t taking place at all, or there, Costner would be disappointed. He rents out the 130 acre ranch for $36,000 a night.

The Aspen wedding seems unlikely over the New Year’s holiday, too. Where would Bezos put $600 mil worth of guests? They’d have to bring RVs!

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News