Friday, May 22, 2026

Beyonce Will Give New Justin Timberlake Album Wide Berth, Releasing “Act II: Cowboy Carter” March 29th

Share

Beyonce is giving Justin Timberlake two weeks to top the charts before she drops her country album. JT drops his “Everything I Ever Wanted” tomorrow night at midnight.

Beyonce’s “Act II: Cowboy Carter” is coming on March 29th. Advance orders are being taken for the album in lots of iterations, a la Taylor Swift. The album will feature her hits, “Texas Hold ‘Em,” and “16 Carriages.”

Dolly Parton has said in an interview that she thinks Beyonce has recorded her great classic, “Jolene.” We can only wonder what other surprises are coming as Beyonce throws her lasso.

“Act II” will get its own three week window before Taylor Swift drops “The Tortured Poets Department” on April 19th.

And not going anywhere so fast: Ariana Grande’s current number 1 hit, “Eternal Sunshine.” And down the line we’ll see Billie Eilish’s new album, which she says is completed.
Plus Kacey Musgraves has a new release this Friday.

Any men releasing hit albums besides Timberlake? Unclear. Male pop stars are not in fashion right now. They may not know what to write about without getting cancelled. Someone has to write a song called “I’m Asking for Consent.” For example: where is Bruno Mars? Why doesn’t Charlie Puth release albums regularly? Why can’t the Jonas Brothers sell records?

Mysteries all.

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News