Friday, May 22, 2026

Bruce Springsteen Has Stopped His Bellyaching: Rocker Says Peptic Ulcer Problem Resolved

Share

Bruce Springsteen has stopped his bellyachin’.

Apparently, on his SiriusXM Radio show, the beloved rocker says his peptic ulcer has healed. Springsteen cancelled all of his fall shows through the end of the year because of the extreme pain in his tummy.

Little Steven van Zandt confirmed to me weeks ago that Bruce had been playing in pain toward the end of the summer and in the Meadowlands shows.

But Bruce already seemed pretty well in the last few weeks. He played a charity show in New York recently and reportedly sounded and acted like his old self.

Bruce also appeared at the New Jersey Hall of Fame ceremony in which his wife, Patti Scialfa, was honored.

You can tell the ulcer hasn’t changed Bruce’s eating habits. He’s been spotted at a diner in Freehold, New Jersey a lot lately. Maybe he’s trying the rice pudding!

Springsteen and the E Street Band will spend 2024 making up the shows they missed.

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News