Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Kevin Spacey’s Bad Rapp: Judge Lets “Rent” Actor’s Civil Suit Against Oscar Winner Proceed

Share

Kevin Spacey may have finally been backed into a corner he can’t get out of.

Federal New York judge Lewis A. Kaplan says “Rent” actor Anthony Rapp’s civil suit against the two time Oscar winner can go forward despite the alleged incident taking place in 1986. Rapp says that back then when he was just 14 Spacey attacked him.

The judge says that Rapp sufficiently alleges that Spacey acted to gratify sexual desire during an encounter at a Manhattan party. Rapp has alleged that Spacey placed a clothed Rapp on a bed and briefly put his own clothed body partially beside and partially across Rapp’s before Rapp “wriggled out,” got up, and left the premises.

Spacey is also facing multiple charges in London. Last year he himself wiggled out of a case on Nantucket that the alleged victim’s mother says was dismissed without a settlement payment.

But Rapp isn’t likely to dismiss, recant, or settle. He’s pursuing something from a long time ago, he doesn’t need any money, and he’s sure of his accusation.

Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman began his Showbiz411 column in April 2009 after 10 years with Fox News, where he created the Fox411 column. His movie reviews are carried by Rotten Tomatoes, and he is a member of both the movie and TV branches of the Critics Choice Awards. His articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. He is also the writer and co-producer of "Only the Strong Survive," a selection of the Cannes, Sundance, and Telluride Film festivals, directed by DA Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus.
spot_img

Read more

In Other News