Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Actress Charlyne Yi Accuses James Franco of Being a Sexual Predator, Claims Seth Rogen Complicit

Share

Actress Charlyne Yi is well known from movies “Knocked Up” and “This is 40,” from the TV show “House” and dozens of other projects.

She’s

posted a message to Instagram accusing James Franco — already knee deep in trouble, scandal and lawsuits — of being a sexual predator. She says that “Knocked Up” star Seth Rogen, a close buddy of Franco — is complicit in Franco’s behavior.

She says she tried to leave Franco’s movie, “The Disaster Artist” because of his behavior but was prevented. She says she was offered a bribe of a better role in a different movie if she would withdraw her complaint.

It’s unclear what set her off a day ago when she posted this, but maybe she just reached the breaking point. She says Rogen knew about the bribe, and that Franco has a long history of preying on children.

Here’s the second part of her Post:

“Seth Rogen was one of the producers on this film so he definitely knows about the bribe and why I quit. Seth also did a sketch on SNL with Franco enabling Franco preying on children. Right after Franco was caught.

“Franco has a long history of preying on children.

“This is on top all the corrupt laws that protect predators made by violent white men.

“Denying/gaslighting is a tactic that abusers and enablers use that is psychological violence, & has serious affects: the survivor loses sense of reality/intuition to protect self from targeted again, PTSD, suicidal thoughts/suicide, etc”

This month is Sexual Assault Awareness Month when it should really be something men educate themselves about their whole life and learn how to be there & protect women, nonbinary, trans, etc—who are targeted.”

Neither Franco nor Rogen has responded to these accusations. The minute they do, I’ll update. Franco, in the middle of lawsuits, has his career on hold anyway right now. He joins Armie Hammer and Shia LaBeouf in the category of careers which may not easily be repaired.

Rogen, who’s made a career of being stoned, was recently signed to a Steven Spielberg movie.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Charlyne Yi (@charlyne_yi)

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News