Sunday, May 24, 2026

John Travolta’s Troubled John Gotti Movie Pulled from 2017 Schedule, Sent to Oblivion

Share

“Gotti,” a movie that should never have been made, has been postponed. Richard Johnson of the NY Post says Lions Gate has scratched the planned December 15th release date, sending the John Travolta-Kelly Preston feature into the abyss of 2018.

“Entourage” star Kevin Connolly makes “Gotti” his directing debut after several others decamped including Barry Levinson. Travolta, his wife, and daughter Ella Blue had always been attached and eventually filmed this thing. But AL Pacino, Lindsay Lohan and others have come and gone.

My pal, Richard, says producer Marc Fiore hung up on him when Johnson called to ask about a payment due to legendary star Shirley Jones, widow of Marty Ingells, who set up the most recent deal to get “Gotti” made. That wasn’t very nice since Jones is mourning her stepson, David Cassidy.

But Fiore’s rudeness is not unexpected. An ex con, Fiore has a long and unpleasant history. So do most of the people associated with “Gotti.” Why Lions Gate got involved is a mystery.

Christmas and Oscar time were odd choices for a “Gotti” release anyway. Travolta’s not getting an Academy Awards. And a movie about a cut-throat killer with no remorse, but lots of real life victims isn’t what you’d called Happy Holidays material!

I like Kevin Connolly personally. But “Gotti” has got to be a disaster, and an expensive one. Will we ever see it? Who knows! But now we can put it on a death watch with so many unreleased films including Louis CK’s current “I Love You Daddy” and Nick Pritzker’s infamous “Bolden!” now overdue by several years and many hundreds of millions of dollars.

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News