Thursday, May 23, 2024

Record Producer David Foster Turns Down Trump to Play at Inauguration And His Website is Knocked Offline

Share

David Foster is not playing at the Trump Inauguration. Despite a Page Six story that he would do it, Foster issued a statement yesterday that it’s not true. The statement is ‘un-presidented.’

“I was invited to participate and I politely declined,” Foster said in a statement. “I have no idea where this story came from. Neither me nor my manager was ever contacted by Page Six or any other media outlet.”

Foster is also not dating Christie Brinkley. They live on separate coasts and have many ex spouses between them. They’re just friends and had a nice time this week when Foster was in New York, a friend tells me.

But back to the inauguration. So far Trump has 16 year old Jackie Evancho singing the national anthem. Maybe Andrea Bocelli will sing, but he’s not even American. Otherwise, he’s only got access to Ted Nugent and Scott Baio. Even Kanye West turned him down. I told you weeks ago no one would want to play at this inauguration. It’s a bad look for any performer and could resonate negatively with their other business.

Ironically, the whole matter has crashed Foster’s website. It can’t be accessed.

Trump is now warring with the very clever Graydon Carter and Vanity Fair. It’s the best and most publicity Vanity Fair has received in a year. The funny thing is, the story about the Trump restaurant wasn’t even in the printed magazine. It’s online!

No one I’ve ever known has eaten in the Trump Grille in Trump Tower. It’s unheard of. The place is for tourists or foreign businessmen, I guess. But everyone has eaten in or wanted to in Graydon Carter’s three restaurants– the MonkeyBar, the Waverly Inn, and the Beatrice Inn. They are still hot spots with plenty of celebrities. But Trump Grill? Until Vanity Fair wrote about it, no one knew it existed.

Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman began his Showbiz411 column in April 2009 after 10 years with Fox News, where he created the Fox411 column. His movie reviews are carried by Rotten Tomatoes, and he is a member of both the movie and TV branches of the Critics Choice Awards. His articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. He is also the writer and co-producer of "Only the Strong Survive," a selection of the Cannes, Sundance, and Telluride Film festivals, directed by DA Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus.
spot_img

Read more

In Other News