Wednesday, May 20, 2026

Michael Moore — Banned by One Ohio Theater — Finds Another to Film One Man Show About Election

Share

Michael Moore is un-banned. He says on Facebook that he will perform a one man show at the Murphy Theater in Wilmington, Ohio on October 6th. He’s filming it and will “have it out” before the election.

The theater has been publicly supported financially in the past by one of his arch enemies, Glenn Beck. Wilmington is in a heavily Republican county.

Moore had said previously that he’d been banned by the nearby Midland Theater in Licking County. He took a licking, that’s for sure. He posted:

“We got a call from the theater management telling us, “We’re sorry but the community board that oversees the theater has voted to not allow Michael Moore to perform his show here. We are declining the rental.” When asked why, it was explained to us that, “Michael Moore’s appearance here could reflect negatively upon the Midland Theatre. He is too controversial and the risk is too great. The board is afraid that renting the theater to him may cause the theater to lose long-standing patrons. Our board here is fairly conservative and it was felt that Mr. Moore would try to sway people’s minds to vote his way.”

But now he’s all set. The shows are October 6 and 7 at 8pm, and they are free!  Moore writes:

“So why am I coming to Trump Country in Clinton County? Because I think I know why a lot of people in Ohio and Michigan, some of them my neighbors, are voting for Donald Trump — good Midwestern people whose lives have been upended by “the system that’s been rigged against them.” They used to be part of something that was called “the middle class.” Now they have a chance to hit back, to pick up a virtual baseball bat and smash that old system by voting for the outsider known as Trump. I want to talk to these voters. I want to see if I can meet them half-way. And I want to give them an hour or so of some good laughs over the craziest election year we’ve ever seen”

Moore says he may swing by the Midland Theater anyway and perform his show on the street.

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News