Sunday, May 24, 2026

Armie Hammer Breaks His Silence After 3 Years: “People called me a cannibal! What? You would have to eat people!”

Share

Armie Hammer is finally coming clean. He appears on a little known video podcast called “Painful Lessons,” hosted by a friend named Tyler Ramsey, and immediately addresses rumors that he was a cannibal.

Hammer — wearing a yellow string on his wrist but looking pretty healthy, says, “People called me a cannibal. Like I ate people! What???? You know what you have to do to be a cannibal? You have to eat people!”

Hammer reveals that after his massive sex scandal, accusations of abuse, and yes, cannibalism, he’s in a 12 step program. He calls what he went through “a death.”

He admits, “I was drunk! I was high and I was acting like an idiot all the time!”

“It was an ego death, a career death,” he says, invoking Joseph Campbell. “A neutron bomb went off in my life. It killed off [everything].”

(Interesting note: Ramsey, a Hammer friend, says often in the interview he was full of “rage” about the bad press. He seems angrier than Hammer.)

What saved him? A rehab program “where they deal with addiction issues.” He reveals “there was sexual abuse when I was a kid.”

“There were a lot of times when I thought I can’t take this anymore,” Hammer says. “I was getting hate…so it just went right in… there was a time I was standing at the shore and I swam out really far and just laying there..a half-assed suicide attempt…But I thought I couldn’t do that to my kids.”

Hammer concedes that his acting career is “nowhere now.” He says he’s not allowed to play in the Hollywood sandbox, but he’s “making my own sandbox.” He’s writing a screenplay with a friend named Jerry.

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News