Sunday, May 24, 2026

Hubris Alert: Alec Baldwin Buys a 55 Acre Estate In Vermont While Being Sued for wrongful Death of Cinematographer

Share

Alec Baldwin obviously doesn’t understand the meaning of optics or “not now” or “read the room.”

The Bennington, Vermont Banner newspaper reports that Alec and his attention seeking wife Hilaria (nee Hillary) have purchased a 55 acre spread for a reported $1.75 million. The property, says the Banner, has been described as a “classic Vermont 18th century farm [that] features 55 beautiful acres, a 3,600 [square foot] main house, and a nicely renovated 1800 [square-foot] guest cottage with 2 baths.”

You may recall that after Baldwin allegedly killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of the low budget movie, “Rust,” Hilaria loaded her six kids into the SUV and drove “aimlessly” until she came upon Manchester, Vermont. Baldwin joined her there, where they camped out and confronted reporters.

The whole Vermont adventure was depicted as a fluke, when in fact, Hilary Thomas’s family had owned land up there for years. So it was not a random trip, that was lie, just like the whole mishegos about Hilaria coming from a Spanish background. She’s white shoe WASP from New England.

Alec Baldwin seems not to care how his actions are interpreted. After the shooting, he and Hilaria kept posting happy family photos to social media, and they’ve been doing it ever since. Is it any wonder that Halyna Hutchins’ widower, Matt Hutchins, filed a civil lawsuit against Baldwin this week? After Alec told George Stephanopolous in a very ill-thought out interview that he and Hutchins were pals and so on? Matt Hutchins can only be furious and inflamed as he comforts his 9 year old orphaned son that the man who allegedly killed his mother is enjoying himself three months later.

Let’s hope the Baldwins enjoy their new house, and don’t have to give it up in civil settlement over Halyna Huchins’ death.

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News