Wednesday, May 20, 2026

Andrew Garfield Confirms He Wasn’t Asked to Be in Next Spider Man Movie, And This Is Why (Our 2015 Story)

Share

I told you on May 1, 2015 why Andrew Garfield was let go from making more Spider Man movies. Here’s the link. Andrew is a fine actor who will win an Oscar one day. He’s already won a Tony. But he made a mistake with Sony chief Kaz Hirai, and that was it.

Now Garfield has confirmed he won’t be in the next Spider Man movie, “No Way Home.” Even though Tobey Maguire is somehow going to be in the Tom Holland film, Andrew will not. He said so on an MTV podcast.

“I would’ve gotten a call by now. That’s what I’m saying,” said the actor. “I don’t want to rule anything out,” said Garfield. “Maybe they are going to call me and say, ‘Hey, people want this. … maybe they are doing like a market research thing.”

It’s a tough one because even a villain from the second Garfield Spider Man movie, Electro, played by Jamie Foxx, will be in “No Way Home.” But Garfield’s Peter Parker is kaput, I’m afraid.

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News