Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Veteran NY Post Reporter Quits, Says She Was Forced to Write Untrue Story About Kamala Harris’ Children’s Book at Border

Share

Veteran NY Post reporter Laura Italiano has quite the paper today. She says was ordered to write an untrue story about Kamala Harris.

“An announcement: Today I handed in my resignation to my editors at the New York Post. The Kamala Harris story — an incorrect story I was ordered to write and which I failed to push back hard enough against — was my breaking point. It’s been a privilege to cover the City of New York for its liveliest, wittiest tabloid — a paper filled with reporters and editors I admire deeply and hold as friends. I’m sad to leave.”

The story, which appeared on the cover, was called “Kam On In.” It claimed that Vice President Harris, though she wasn’t at the border, had ordered copies of her children’s book for abandoned kids who were there.  It made it seem like Harris had ordered hundreds of her books at the government’s expense.

In fact, there was one copy of her book at a Long Beach, California facility.

After Italiano complained, an addendum was later affixed that read: “The original version of this article said migrant kids were getting Harris’ book in a welcome kit, but has been updated to note that only one known copy of the book was given to a child.”

But it was typical of the Post’s way of bending the news, writing fiction, creating stories to make one side look bad.

Bravo to Italiano, who is incredibly principled and has worked, as they, like a dog as a top notch reporter for the Post for years. I’m sure she’ll be snapped up in a minute by the Times or a national outlet. Just a search of her name in the Post library will show thousands of bylines as Italiano trudged all over New York seeking the truth for a paper that relies on lies.

More to come…

Read more of today’s showbiz411 stories here

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News