There’s a problem in The Villages, Central Florida’s oasis of retirees and those living the good life. They are getting sick and dying since Donald Trump’s October 23rd rally.
Today’s report indicates 19 new cases of COVID, 11 from one town, Leesburg. There was one death, an 87 year old man who got sick on October 29th. Five days and he was gone.
Will people of The Villages still vote for Trump? What sense would that make? Are the people of Florida this gullible? I didn’t think so.
Nineteen new COVID-19 cases were reported Monday in and around The Villages. Those include:
- The Villages (Sumter, Lake and Marion counties) up three for a total of 840;
- Leesburg up 11 for a total of 1,453;
- Lady Lake up two for a total of 388;
- Fruitland Park up one for a total of 197;
- Summerfield up one for a total of 451; and
- Belleview up one for a total of 401.
Sumter County is now reporting 2,967 cases – an increase of seven from Sunday to Monday – among 1,678 men, 1,263 women, 13 non-residents and 13 people listed as unknown. A total of 209 cases have been reported in long-term care centers and 771 in correctional facilities. There have been 86 deaths and 291 people treated in area hospitals.
Central Florida, wake up before you’re inundated with funerals!