Saturday, May 23, 2026

UPDATE: Janet Jackson Says She Won’t Be Joining Justin Timberlake at the Super Bowl

Share

UPDATE: After I posted this story today, Janet Jackson posted a message clarifying she will NOT be at the Super Bowl.

 

EXCLUSIVE The interest is buzzing and hoping for an undo of the Janet Jackson-Justin Timberlake wardrobe malfunction tomorrow.

You remember the 2004 “Nipplegate” that became endless gossip for years. The rumor was that Janet was banned from the Super Bowl (false).

But I’m told that there will be no rematch during the Patriots-Eagles halftime show tomorrow. Janet Jackson, as far as anyone knows, is in Los Angeles and has no plans to travel to Minneapolis.

Indeed, a JJ appearance during Timberlake’s set would be so crazily diverting from the actual game that they’d have to stop play altogether.

No, it’s probably best to let the whole thing slide. Maybe Janet will turn up in a taped piece, but I doubt it. Better to let sleeping dogs lie.

Meantime, we’ll see if Timberlake– who has the number 1 album released on Friday– can top Lady Gaga’s sales tsunami from last year. Gaga’s Super Bowl appearance was so spectacular that her entire record catalog went soaring in sales immediately after. The show revived her “Joanne” album and its single “Million Reasons.” So hold on– we’ll see if “Can’t Stop the Feeling” comes roaring back onto the charts. Betcha it will.

 

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News