Sunday, May 24, 2026

Today Show Ousts 30 Year Executive Producer Amid Matt Lauer Scandal, Replaced with a Woman

Share

The Matt Lauer scandal has finally taken its toll on the Today show’s top of the masthead.

After 30 years, Don Nash is out. He’s being replaced with Libby Leist, who’s produced the 7am news hour of “Today” for the last five years.

Nash issued a statement saying he wanted to be at home with his children. If you believe that, you also agree that Donald Trump weighs only 239 pounds.

Almost by coincidence, former Today show anchor Ann Curry appeared today on CBS This Morning and said she wasn’t surprised by the Lauer scandal from late last year. Curry was on Today for 15 years until she was ousted by Lauer.

“I can say that I would be surprised if — if — many women did not understand that there was a climate of verbal harassment — that existed. I think it’d be surprising if someone said that they didn’t see that. So it was p — a verbal — sexual –,” she said.

“I don’t wanna cause more pain. But no, I’m — you are asking me a very direct question. I’m an honest person. I wanna tell you that it was. Yes. Period,” Curry replied.

Before Lauer was fired, NBC tossed his executive producer Matt Zimmerman. It’s clearly a new day on Today.

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News