Sunday, May 24, 2026

Bryan Singer Made Fox Around $2 Billion from “X Men” Movies, But Now He’s Out

Share

Director Bryan Singer– sued and publicly shamed in the past with charges of pedophilia and sexual misconduct– is off the 20th Century Fox lot for good. He cleared out his offices this week after disappearing from the London set of “Bohemian Rhapsody.”

Singer claims he returned to the US to take care of an ailing parent. He says Fox knew this and wouldn’t give him the time. This doesn’t ring true.

Singer has made four blockbusters for Fox since 2003, all  “X Men” movies. Worldwide they grossed almost $2 billion. If he’d needed time off for a family emergency, the studio would have agreed.

But that’s not it, is it? Singer was already involved in a high profile sexual harassment case in 2014. Although it was withdrawn and dismissed, the stench lingers on. Singer is also the subject of what we call a Hollywood legend from the movie “The Usual Suspects.” Now actor Gabriel Byrne has alluded to trouble on that set because of star Kevin Spacey’s misconduct. The dots are all about to connect.

Singer and Spacey aren’t alone. More stories are coming and they won’t be pretty. Some, like theirs, are hiding in plain sight. It’s just a matter of time. Hollywood, as a friend says, is eating itself. And it won’t be done until everything has been vomited up. It’s going to be a long winter. Even Wolverine won’t be able to help.

Donate to Showbiz411.com

Showbiz411 is now in its 13th year of providing breaking and exclusive entertainment news. This is an independent site, unlike the many Hollywood trades that are owned by one company. To continue providing news that takes a fresh look at what's going on in movies, music, theater, etc, advertising is our basis. Reader donations would be greatly appreciated, too. They are just another facet of keeping fact based journalism alive.
Thank you


Roger Friedman
Roger Friedmanhttps://www.showbiz411.com
Roger Friedman is the founder and editor-in-chief of Showbiz411. He wrote the FOX411 column on FoxNews.com from 1999 to 2009 and previously edited Fame magazine and wrote the "Intelligencer" column at New York magazine. His bylines have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Vogue, Details, and the Miami Herald. He is a voting member of the Critics Choice Awards (Film and Television branches), and his movie reviews are tracked by Rotten Tomatoes. is articles have appeared in dozens of publications over the years including New York Magazine, where he wrote the Intelligencer column in the mid 90s and covered the OJ Simpson trial, and Fox News (when it wasn't so crazy) where he covered Michael Jackson. With D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, he co-produced the 2002 documentary "Only the Strong Survive," which screened at Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.

Read more

In Other News