Holy moley. Kris Kristofferson is still out there performing and recording. Even though he’s talked openly about his memory issues, Kris hasn’t let anything stop him. I’m impressed. Here’s a video from this year– he’s still got it.
Now comes word that Kristofferson will release “The Cedar Creek Sessions,” recorded in 2014 in Austin, Texas. The album hits stores and online June 17th. There’s even a duet with Sheryl Crow.
When you see him Kris tells you right away his memory is bad, that he’s suffering from some kind of memory loss due to playing football in his youth or other blows to the head. I guess we won’t know until he’s gone and his brain is examined for CTE. But in the meantime, he’s upright, cogent, singing and playing like crazy. Mazel tov! You can see how happy he is–he’s enjoying himself regardless. This is much to be admired. He’s a role model.
KK has a bunch of dates booked for this month and September and November later this year.
Cedar Creek Sessions
1. Duvalier’s Dream
2. The Loving Gift (with special guest Sheryl Crow)
3. The Sabre and the Rose
4. The Law is for the Protection of the People
5. It No Longer Matters What I Do
6. Stagger Mountain Tragedy
7. The Wife You Save
8. Lay Me Down and Love the World Away
9. The Bigger the Fool (The Harder the Fall)
10. Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down
11. Spooky Lady’s Revenge
12. Forever In Your Love
1. Darby’s Castle
2. Me and Bobby McGee
3. Broken Freedom Song
4. Casey’s Last Ride
5. Billy Dee
6. Easter Island
7. For the Good Times
8. Help Me Make It Through the Night
9. Jody and the Kid
10. Loving Her Was Easier (Than Anything I’ll Ever Do Again)
11. Risky Business
12. To Beat the Devil